There are several cases when it might be extremely useful to track clicks on a link. It can be connected to a marketing campaign or a social post or even a text message campaign. The full list of possible scenarios is described in this article, as well as how to do it with the help of a URL Shortening Service.
6 cases when it is a good idea to track clicks on a link
- Anything that you share within the social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.). For example, you are really keen to find out how many of your friends actually looked at the materials that you have shared on your Facebook.
- Links to resources. For example, you want to know how many people downloaded your E-book or how many students have checked their exam results or even which customers have viewed your onboarding materials.
- Online marketing campaigns such as online ads, PPC/paid search. You can also test which search terms or even which banners get more clicks. Then compare A/B versions and thus improve your banner conversion rates, which, as we all know, is a key to success nowadays.
- Email campaigns – website or blog URLs within your emails/newsletters. It is a good idea to track clicks on a link that is included in your email because then you will have an overview of the CTR (Click-through-rate) of your email.
- Links that you share via a text message – a regular text message does not have a capability to track links, but that can be easily fixed with the help of a URL shortener. You will see exactly how successful your campaign was with exact numbers of people who converted thanks to your message.
- You need to monitor who has viewed the materials you have sent. For example, you send out test results and send a unique short link to every student. Later, you will be able to see which links weren’t clicked and connect it with a student that received this particular link. If you find out that your target audience is not that interested, you will at least have some ideas about what to change.
How to simply track clicks on a link?
This is done very easily with a help of the Klik.li URL Shortener. This tool will make any long URL a lot shorter and will help you to make your links more attractive to people, as well as will give you an overview of the clicks made on your links. To track clicks on a link please follow the steps below:
- Copy the long link to the materials that you are planning to share with your target audience.
- Shorten the URL with the Klik.li URL shortener tool.
- You will receive a short link like this:
- Share the link everywhere you can and need and wait until people click it.
- In order to view the number of clicks on this link add “+” to the link. ( e.g https:klik.li/qEHM9+ )
- You will see a reporting page like this:
How to track clicks on a link with location and device?
Our URL Shortener is much more powerful than that. In order to see more data about the people who have clicked your link, you will have to register a free account with the Klik.li URL Shortener.
To get more advanced features, please follow these steps:
- Sign up for free: https://klik.li/user/register
- Shorten the URL using your new account.
- You will see all your links and click in your account overview as seen below:
- If you want to shorten more than 50 URLs, check the pricing options. It is only $39.99 for a month of unlimited use of this URL Shortener with all its advanced features and services.
This article was about:
- Short links
- URL Shortening Service
- URL Shortener
- Track clicks on a link
- Track clicks on a URL
Following us on Social Media, here are links to our Social Channels, because we are always happy to grow our team of subscribers: